...the real work of blogging.

Yeah I don't know what that is. I was talking out of my ass. But I admit it. I'm up front like that. I also realized that maybe it's talking about myself, which I don't particularly like to do, but as Genie's snoozing on the loveseat, you're stuck with me for however long it takes until she wakes up and wrests this iBook from my sweaty little hands. As of this instant I have definitely not started the three papers I have to write, all due tomorrow. I didn't even start on one of them by accident or anything. Sometimes my prolific writing habits just disappear in favor of... well, writing somewhere else, I guess. So count yourselves (though I just realized, there's only three of us, and one is sleeping, and one is me) lucky that I'm procrastinating and placing my academic future in jeopardy for rock-climbing (see? clever reference to the MOUNTAINS OF KAF).

But for tonight's trivial recommendation, I'd advise you to snag up iTunes music store and skulk around for an awesome song by My Chemical Romance, "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)"--they're like the spiritual brethren of the Misfits, only without Glenn Danzig's shirtless Satanism and skullduggery (though both can be good in moderation). Hooky, melodic, and the video they've got out on iTunes is freaking fantastic. Plus they have a snazzy post-ironic maybe-emo name!

Tonight's other trivial recommendation is a fantastic webcomic called the 10k Commotion, done by an Asian schoolgirl with waaay too much artistic talent. The line drawings are still sketched and rough, and she Photoshops the drawings into digital watercolors. The plot's pretty sweet, too, a $10 grand Dance Dance Revolution contest in Hawaii and the numerous misfits who come to win the pot. Go check it out, and if you're like me, you'll read the entire posted comic in one night.

*Sigh.* But I've taken up enough of Genie's space. Until some other time, people. Marshmallow dance.
<(^^<) (>^^)> <(^^<) (>^^)> <(^_^)>