The post that wasn't meant to be...

As Djinn has pointed out to me, I haven't posted to Mountains of Kaf recently. My apologies. In my defense, however, I did attempt to post the other day. It was quite an amusing post, as well, all about the constant bits of surrealism and/or irony that creep into my daily work routine.

Paraphrased, my post went thusly:

Yesterday, I tried to unlock the door to the office in which I work at 8:30 am, and found that while I did indeed unlock the door, it still would not open. I found that the card swipe system, which had been installed recently but not activated, was now active. Despite the fact that I had not told the people in charge whose ID cards should have access and whose should not. Therefore, when I tried my card, it didn't work. I knew before I tried that it wouldn't. That's just how these things work.

I then commented in my attempted post yesterday that I waited half an hour (not bad--I thought it would take longer) for the University's Public Safety department to come over and let me into my office, just in time for three different groups needing help on how to edit video and create DVD's (one group expected to capture, edit, export, and burn to DVD a 45 minute video starting at 9 am and finishing by 11 am--I told them miracles have happened in the past) and one student who needed massive help with both her research paper and her organizational skills. I work in a writing and technology lab, and we help students, faculty, and staff with writing or technology projects.

Did I mention that due to a joke of fate that I was the only person scheduled to work until noon yesterday?

In my phantom post that was never meant to be, I ended the much more humorous comments I made then with the sentence, "At least the fire alarm didn't go off."

Then the network went down and I lost everything I had been working on.