Showers only now

So yesterday evening, after the first day back at work, I was feeling a tad stressed--tension headache, sore shoulders, etc. When I arrive home after being out all day until about 10:00 pm, I think to myself, "I could really use a hot bath." A bath has never been a bad idea in the past. I have no reason to expect it to be a bad idea now.

So, I'm laying in the tub, and the water isn't as hot as I'd like it to be. There had been bubbles in the tub from my roommate taking a bath earlier, so I don't expect to be able to get much heat. One bath will use up all the hot water pretty quickly. Anyways, In keep turning up the hot water, and it keeps cooling down as I'm filling the tub more and more, and I keep turning it up. However, the heat never got above what I've used in the past in the tub. I never got burned by the water.

I dip my head and shoulders under the water, relaxing, letting the tension fade from my muscles. I'm starting to feel better. My head hurts a little less, and my shoulders are loosening. I sit up out of the water, and feel the cool air around me (a little steamy, but not too bad--I can still breathe).

Hmmm... my feet and legs feel.... heavy. Lift one leg, then the next, lower them back into the water. Yes definitely heavy.... Hmmm.... the tiles at the end of the tub... the faucet... why are they.... moving? Shifting? Tilting? I need my glasses oh god i'm passing out in the tub and i'm going to pass out and drown holy shit i'm going to drown and die and no one will know i've died in the tub.....

Frantically, I throw myself out of the tub, attempting to stand up. My only thought is "don't drown get out of the water." I can't stand. The room tilts, and I fall to my left SMACK head hits the small white cabinet next to the tub at least it wasn't the hard porcelain of the toilet i'm on the floor and I can't get up.

"HHHHHAAAAAYYYYYLLLEEEYYYY!!!!!!! HELP!!!! HELP!!!"

Both my roommates arrive, but I can't see them, I can't seem to lift my head from the floor, I'm half in the tub, half out, laying on the ground and I can't get up and I'm crying and sobbing nearly hysterically. I feel a cool wash cloth on my forehead, and after a few minutes, I can move the cloth to the back of my neck. One roommate runs to get me something to eat, something to raise by blood sugar levels. The kitten runs into the room, and begins licking the water off my leg. Then she tries to jump into the tub of hot water.

I start to feel better. Only when one roomie covers my ass with a towel do I really remember that yes, I'm naked. I was wearing a swimsuit top, at least, since, let's be honest, girls--if you're well-endowed, going without some sort of support can hurt and isn't good for stressed out tension filled shoulders.

Today, I'm a little shaken still from randomly passing out in the bathtub, and I have a bruise on my head from where I hit it, but otherwise okay.

However, I may never bathe again.