The future is now, this is now, that was then, & what happened to now?

You just missed it. When? Just now. (I love Space Balls).

Just been doing some thinking, and considering, about that amorphous entity known as "the future." I still have at least one grad school I want to apply to for next fall. However, an idea came up at work the other day that after acceptance to a program (we're making the assumption here that I'll get accepted--just go with it), I could defer my acceptance for a year (don't they let you do that? I'm sure they do, whoever "they" are) and remain in my current job for another year. This would be nice if, as I'm certain has happened with at least one of the schools, I did indeed miss out on financial aid applications. One of the apps has a spot that says, "Want financial aid?" and I said, "Yes, please, gimme money," so I think that counts as the application (the form implied it does, and when has a checkbox on a piece of paper ever lied to anyone?).

Anyways, for some reason, this is sounding like a pretty good idea--partly depends on where I get accepted, where I decide to go, and if I'm ready to move to that location. Another year of getting financially stable and paying off undergraduate student loans couldn't hurt, though.

If I stuck around for another year, I know at least one student who works with me who would be happy--she wants my job after I leave, but she doesn't graduate for another year after this one. I might be persuaded to accomodate her in this. We'll see.