Random excerpt from a random day

So, we serve coffee where I work. Some guy, who I've seen around before, comes in to get just a cup. No coffee. Just the cup. Drinks without lids aren't allowed outside of the offices where I work. As he walks out, the conversation is as follows:

Genie: Can I ask why you want just the cup?
Asshole: (hesitates) No.
Genie: No? Why not?
Asshole: Because if I tell you, I'm afraid you'll tell me I can't have it.


Honestly, I was too surprised by the whole interlude to really form a sarcastic response. I really wanted to say one of two things. Either, "Then put the cup back and get out" or "Are you going to piss in it for a drug test?"

Next came:
Genie: You know that cups without lids with any liquid in them aren't allowed outside of this room, right?
Asshole: I think that I've patronized this place long enough that they can allow me a little bit of rule-bending.


Yeah, asshole, everyone thinks that after 4+ years of tuition. But let's face it, those 4 years of tuition only buy you exactly what it buys everyone else, and there's no "special treatment" for you just because you're one of thousands of students to pay the exact same amount for your education as everyone else at this school.

Jesus Christ, people, all I ask for is a little normalcy once in awhile.

I also got a parking ticket at Djinn's apartment this morning. Happy Valentine's Day.