And so I've found a victim for my previously unfocused wrath about this day

I sent an e-mail at work today that went a little something like this (*names have been changed to protect the stupid):


Subject: student direct deposit

To: Idiot of the Day*

Idiot,

A couple of our student workers signed up for direct deposit, and have never had a check directly deposited into their accounts. Instead they continue to receive physical checks in their mailboxes. If you could let me know who to contact to get this taken care of, I'd appreciate it. They'd both prefer to have the convenience of direct deposit.

Thanks,
Genie



The response I received looked like this:


Subject: Re: student direct deposit

To: Genie

Hi, Genie!

The student need to come to Our Office to fill out the direct deposit form. They will need to bring with the a blank check from their checking accounts. Please have them write the word "VOID" across the front of the check. Thanks.

Idiot
Our Office
Place Where Genie Works
555.555.5555



Now, tell me something, and just take your best guess here.... did the idiot even read my initial e-mail??