First things first--the orange juice

I have a few things of random amusement to mention, each in their own post just for the sake of keeping things organized, the first of which regards orange juice. You know, the kind you get out of the vending machine for a dollar. The kind that says, "Shake well before drinking." I, personally, happen to be in a slightly neurotic habit of shaking my juice before taking a sip. I don't do this with water or any other drink. Just orange juice.

So, the other day, I'm at work and I'm sitting in the staff lounge eating lunch (thankfully) alone. I'm reading a book (about the Byzantine Empire--don't judge me, it's a riveting book), eating, and drinking my OJ. And I think to myself, "I should put the lid on my juice.... nah, I'll just be taking a sip in another minute anyways." Well, next time I went to take that fateful sip..... let's just say that with the first splash of orange juice right in my face I knew something had gone horribly wrong. And of course, since shaking something is just the right kind of relfexive, repetitive action, I had shaken the bottle twice before the message of "STOP! went from brain to hand. By that time, I was covered in orange juice on my face, the hair, some had gone over my head to the back of my hair, down my left breast, and onto the crotch of my pants.

Ahh, then...the Walk of Shame back to my office. And since I had to go back to the staff room for something I forgot, at that point, there were 10 people in there and no, I hadn't changed out of the OJ covered shirt into a sweatshirt I happened to have with me in case I got cold.

That was Monday afternoon.