What is a word close to the meaning of "serendipitous," except, a random coincidence that you don't really care about?

Djinn offers this response: "Serendipitous like a John Cusack movie... a strange coincidence, but still pretty boring."

6:40 AM The alarm goes off. Snooze.

7:30 AM Having snoozed for almost an hour, it's now or never. Wake up and rush to get ready for work, or sleep in and be half an hour late. It's Friday. I usually get in at 8:30 AM. We don't open until 9:00 AM. Snooze.

8:30 AM Leave for work, having accepted that I'll be late.

Once at work, I decide to stay after work for half an hour as a way to make up for being half an hour late. We close early on Fridays anyways at 2:00 PM. On a normal Friday, I'd be gone at two.

2:20 PM I hear the door to the department I work in jiggle. Someone's trying to get in. Not too odd, I'm leaving early and there are still people who have offices here who come in and out. I look up, and see through the glass around the door.... my ex-boyfriend.

Note: I'll say it before Ghani can say it--my gay ex-boyfriend. Although to my knowledge, he's never come out, the evidence has piled up. We wonder.

As I walk to the door, I contemplate what I should say in greeting. I don't really want to see him, but too late now. What should I say?

"Holy shit."

Have a glimpse into the situation here: we dated almost two years ago, and we were completely incompatible. He was a senior and graduating, and I was a junior who still had a year. We ignored how incompatible we were, and hung out anyways. He's conservative, Republican, concerned with appearances and what other people think. I could generally give a shit. Oh, and my friends all hated him. That's always a hint, one I didn't take, but I was aware of it. Hated him.

After he leaves, a co-worker of mine, who had walked past while he was there and knows the history, pops his head inside the door. "Did you ask if he has a boyfriend yet?" Damn. No, I didn't.

Had I woken up thirty minutes earlier... I'd probably be blogging about Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Or Tetris. That's a good game. I'm gonna go play Tetris.