Long time

So it's been forever since I last posted, either here or on Spirits of Leonard, but I haven't really been doing much except job hunting. Tomorrow's a big interview, one that would keep me here in town with Genie, and that's a good thing. If I can land this job, I can land an apartment, and so Skanky Kyra (Skankyra?)'s boyfriend Bryan would move out of his place, currently the Lair of Drama, and we'd be roommates. The Lair of Drama would then become the Lair of Cool, and James Dean would wish he hadn't perished so early, because otherwise he'd have hung out with the two of us.

In much sadder news, my mom and brother had to have one of our two cats, Mildred, put down on Wednesday afternoon. She was thirteen years old, and had a large tumor in her lung, but she fought for six months longer than the veterinarian ever thought she might. The last several months have been spent in our sunroom, on the heated floor, eating people food--like garlic chicken, barbecue, whip cream--so we did all that we could do, and that was ease her passing. But knowing the inevitable truly is inevitable is never much comfort. It's had me sick since I read the email, last night at two-thirty in the morning. I didn't sleep for another three hours after that, I was so upset.

Well, there's the usual reticent promise of future regularity to be made. I swear I'll post more often! Then again, my life has consisted of little else except sleeping, Final Fantasy X, and the beautiful, chaotic excellence of Neon Genesis Evangelion. Which, I might add, everyone should watch at least once. It's definitely the best dramatic anime series I've ever seen. (Though as fantastically amazing as it is, FLCL still holds a place of primacy in my heart because it was the first. It's also something you should check out.)

Well, wish me luck on the interview tomorrow, and you'll be seeing me around. Not until Sunday, though, because Genie and I are off to see her twin brother's graduation, and we'll be coming back to several people's tapes of the brand new Family Guy.

You know, now I feel like I can finally go to sleep tonight.