Conversations I'm not ready to have yet


  1. Speaking to USF about why I didn't get accepted to their graduate program.

  2. Speaking to USC about why I didn't get accepted to their graduate program (at least I already know that they only accepted 3 archaeologists into their program... so long as there weren't only 4 archaeology students applying, I feel pretty good about that one).

  3. Speaking to my undergraduate advisor about why I didn't get accepted to any programs. Well, I think that's what he wants to talk about. I've only spoken with him briefly, and he wants to talk later about... grad school or something? The subject line of the e-mail said "Confused," which may or may not bode well for the conversation.


Is it so wrong to be terrified and intimidated by speaking to someone in the field you want to enter yourself? About entering that field? I feel so inadequate to begin with, I'd rather not have more reasons to feel inadequate. I give myself plenty. I was kind of hoping writing an anonymous post about this would help me get the courage to hit the reply button on that e-mail and set up a time to talk.

Coffee. Coffee will help. I'll get a cup of coffee.