Workshop = Vacation

My summer vacation plans happen to consist of a workshop in Texas on using Macromedia Flash, Macromedia Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, and probably some Macromedia Fireworks, too. The workshop lasts for about five days, but involves hands on building projects using these various softwares. Sadly, this workshop that is job related has me excited in part because I'm viewing it as a vacation--I don't have to help people while I'm there. I get to ask for help learning cool technology. Since I already have a basic knowledge of almost everything the workshop will cover, I'm hoping to sharpen my skills through actually using the programs intensively, and I'm also glad for the opportunity to have some dedicated people who are there to help me learn to use the programs better. The only better vacation for me is last summer's archaeological field school I attended in Mexico. My idea of vacation inevitably involves work of some kind--there's very little division between self and work for me. I imagine that will cause trouble in the future, but for now, it works for me.