Isn't it Wednesday?

What I really want to know is this: did it suddenly become Monday when I wasn't looking today? First thing at work I realize that there's an icon in the taskbar of my PC that shouldn't be there. Huh. Kinda cute--a little teddy bear. Is it related to DeepFreeze, our security software, the icon for which is a polar bear? I hover my mouse over it. Nope. Not DeepFreeze. Something called "radmin." I right click, choose "about"--there's no "exit" option. After a few more investigations, including a google search or two, I realize that this is a remote administration tool. The Spyware guide I consult online rates it at a 7 out of 10 danger level to my system security.

FUCK.

I unplug the network cord and call the computer help desk at work. Oh, yeah, it's a nasty bit of spyware, all right, and the only way they know how to remove it is to wipe the machine and start over.

FUCK.

At least I:
  1. brought my Apple iBook to work today so I do have another machine.

  2. backed up my personal files before I called the help desk.


FUCK.

Isn't it Wednesday?