Too long

It's been far too long since I last posted, but at leaset Djinn has taken up the slack now that he's settled in Austin, TX, at his new job and in his new apartment. I am still in my same job. However, I am looking to change that, as I'm again applying to grad schools. I'll hopefully be visiting one early next week to meet with some professors in the department and see how well I'd fit in. I promise that the fact that New Pseudo Boss Lady is now officially at work in the department has nothing to do with my new zest for going to graduate school. (wink wink) I really do just want to be back in school. I miss the intellectual stimulation, and I find myself getting mentally stagnant, and I'm not fond of that feeling.

For some strange reason, over Christmas and New Year's, I went on an unanticipated boycott of all things computer and technology related. I brought my laptop home with me and didn't touch it the whole week. I didn't even take it with me to visit Djinn in Austin over New Year's (we had an awesome visit, by the way, if anyone's curious). We ate downtown on New Year's Eve at Sullivan's Steakhouse, and then walked around downtown Austin for a bit. Overall, I vote it was the best New Year's Eve ever.

I have been a bit busy at work, and stressed, but nothing too out of the ordinary. I wish I had a bit more to share right now, but my brain just decided to stop because it's lunch time.