Changes afoot.

So I have begun to set foot in the world of the Internet on my own two feet. Empty Signifiers, my blog at http://www.emptysignifiers.com, is now live. Powered by Movable Type, no less.

As of now, there's a short welcome entry, the "Untitled #8" article originally posted here, and the article I wrote titled "Modes of Authenticity" that's also posted here. Sue me, I recycled to add some heft to a homepage. There'll be new stuff there soon.

This has been a long time coming for me, and now that there are some freelance commissions afoot, I might also have to start up a website for a corporate identity I've been considering.

Also, as I'm only known as "Djinn" on this blog and seemingly nowhere else on the internet, I'm considering changing my display name from Djinn to the moniker I use everywhere else (blame Flickr for it if you must), the Brightside. If the latter appears at the bottom of this entry, now you know why. If it doesn't, well, I'll edit this entry so it looks like you're the doofus.

Anyhow, just letting you know... things are changing around here.