The great thing about the rejection letter...

...is that, while you know you're inadequate simply because of the letter's existence, its presence in your hands, the fact that you can see it before your disbelieving eyes, you don't know just how inadequate or why. Just that you are.

But, I'm glad someone got an acceptance letter somewhere. Hopefully, Palila's applications will go better than mine. Fifty percent of the places I've applied have rejected me (so I've only sent in two applications--not the point). That third application, though... let's just say, my eagerness to apply is not exactly on a high right now.

Bad things happen around holidays. Valentine's Day was a bad day at work, and Saint Patrick's Day just isn't shaping up to be any better.

Luck o' the Irish, my larger-than-I-wish-it-were ass.